Green Apple & Caramel Filled Chocolates
Makes 14 chocolates
Prep Time: 1 hour Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
10 oz Light Green Candy Wafers
6 oz Dark Green Candy Wafers
5-6 drops Apple Candy Flavoring
1/2 cup Thick Caramel Sauce LaLa Cake Recipe Here!
1. If necessary warm the caramel sauce slightly to make stirring consistency.
2. Mix caramel with candy flavoring, stirring well. Taste and add more if desired.
3. Melt the candy wafers according to the instructions on the package.
4. Using a round candy mold tray (or another shape if not making apples), paint the inside with the dark green candy coating. Only cover the mold partially with the dark green coating, so the light green coating will also show through.
5. Place in refrigerator or allow to set up at room temperature until hardened. Once set, paint the light green coating over the dark green coating. Cover the mold completely with light green so the caramel filling will not leak out. Again allow the coating to harden. Coatings will harden quickly; about 5 minutes.
6. Once set pipe caramel filling into each mold, filling about 3/4 of the way. Pipe remaining light green candy coating over the caramel filling making sure to seal the caramel in. Scrape any overflowing coating away from candy molds with a icing spatula. Allow chocolates to set up for 30 minutes before trying to unmold.
7. If making into apples, pipe a small amount of chocolate into stems and a small amount of dark green candy coating into a leaf shape. Attach the stem and leaf to the rounded side of the chocolates with a little more melted chocolate.
8. Let sit for another 10 minutes before enjoying!