Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time about 1 hour with chilling and cooling
1/4 cup plus 1 tbl Brown Rice Flour
1/4 cup plus 1 tbl Sweet Rice Flour
1/4 cup plus 1 tbl Coconut Flour
1/4 cup plus 1 tbl Potato Starch
1 tbl plus 2 tsp Almond Meal
1 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
12 1/2 tbl Earth Balance or Butter 3/4 cup plus 1/2 tbl
1/4 cup plus 1 tbl Applesauce, unsweetened
1/4 cup plus 1 tbl White Sugar
1/4 cup plus 1 tbl Brown Sugar, light
2 1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 cups Chocolate Chips
1. Mix flours, starch, baking powder, and xanthan gum in a medium bowl.
2. With a stand or handheld mixer blend the remaining ingredients except chocolate chips until light and fluffy about 5 minutes on medium.
3. Stir in dry mixture and chocolate chips. Scoop the dough into small cookie size. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the dough on the pan. The dough needs to be chilled before baking so don't worry about spacing the dough out.
4. Chill dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
5. Remover dough from refrigerator and place 12-15 cookies on a clean sheet pan with parchment paper, spacing the dough about 1 1/2 " apart. Bake in a 375F oven for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. The cookies will not brown as well as traditional chocolate chip cookies.