Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: about 1 hour with chilling and cooling
Makes about 3 dozen mini cookies
1/2 cup plus 2 tbl Sweet Rice Flour
1/4 cup plus 1 tbl Brown Rice Flour
1/4 cup plus 1 tbl Coconut Flour
1/4 cup plus 1 tbl Potato Starch
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
15 tbl Earth Balance, or butter 3/4 cup plus 3 tbl
1/2 cup plus 2 tbl Sugar
1/4 cup plus 1 tbl Applesauce, unsweetened
Cinnamon and Sugar for rolling cookies in
Method of Preparation:
1. Combine flours, starch, cinnamon, xanthan gum, baking powder and cream of tartar in medium bowl.
2. Using a stand or hand mixer blend butter or butter substitute, sugar and applesauce until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes on medium.
3. Combine with dry ingredients. Scoop the dough into small cookie size. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the dough on the pan. The dough needs to be chilled before baking so don't worry about spacing the dough out.
4. Chill dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
5. Remover dough from refrigerator and place 12-15 cookies on a clean sheet pan with parchment paper, spacing the dough about 1 1/2 " apart. Bake in a 375F oven for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Cool and enjoy!