Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time with cooling: 1 hour
Makes 1 Pumpkin Roll, about 12-15 slices
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 cup Sweet Rice Flour
1 tbl Baking Powder
2 tsp Xanthan Gum
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup Applesauce
1/2 cup Agave Syrup
1/2 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Milk
Method of Preparation:
1. Mix all dry ingredients in bowl of stand mixer. Mix on low with the paddle attachment to evenly distribute ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix on low for 1 minute. Turn speed to medium and mix until smooth and no flour clumps remain.
2. Place parchment paper over a standard size 1/2 baking tray (or jelly roll pan) and spray generously with non-stick cooking spray. Spread mixture out evenly on parchment paper. Mixture will be slightly thick and will need to be pressed with the back of a oiled spatula or hands sprayed with non stick spray to be spread out over the entire pan. Mixture should be about 1/4" thick once spread.
3. Cook in a 375F oven for 14-20 minutes or until the center springs back slightly when pressed. Do not overcook or roll will be dry.
4. Remove from oven and cool before filling. Do not roll in towel like traditional pumpkin roll, gluten free pumpkin roll needs to be cooled completely before filling and rolling.
5. Once cooled fill with cream cheese filling (recipe below) and roll. Roll either starting with the long or short end. Starting with the shorter end will produce a shorter but thicker roll, starting with the long end will produce a longer skinner roll with small slices.
Cream Cheese filling (Libby's Pumpkin Roll Filling)
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 cup Powdered Sugar
6 tbl softened Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
Mix all ingredients in stand mixer until very smooth.