RED VELVET CAKE
One 13x 9 " cake, 1-9" or 2-8" rounds or 12-18 cupcakesIngredients:
1 1/4 cup Cake Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Coco Powder
3/4 cup Oil
1/2 cup Whole Milk, room temperature
1 Egg, room temperature
2 tbl Red Food Coloring
1 tsp White Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour one 13 x 9 pan.
2. Mix flour, sugar, soda, salt, and coco powder in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl mix oil, whole milk, egg, and coloring.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until evenly incorporated.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and bake 15-20 minutes, turning halfway, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool. Frost. Enjoy! (this recipe can also make 1-9" cake layer, or 2-slightly thinner 8" cake layers)
Back to LaLa Cake!