Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The Perfect Rice Krispy Treats
Perfect Rice Krispy Treats
Makes about 16 large treats
Cook time: 5 minutes Prep/Cool Time: 1 hour
1/4 cup (1 stick) Butter, unsalted
2 tbl Oil
10 generous cups Mini Marshmallows (about 14oz)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
6 cups Rice Krispy's
1 tsp Cinnamon ( optional )
1. In a large non-stick pan melt butter and oil together over medium heat.
2. Add mini marshmallows and vanilla, stirring constantly. Heat just until most of the marshmallows are melted but a few chunks remain.
3. Quickly stir in 6 cups of cereal and cinnamon.
4. Mix just until all the cereal is coated. Pour out onto a greased cookie sheet and gently spread out, taking care not to compact treats too much.
5. Cool for 1 hour. Enjoy! Store in airtight container and treats will stay fresh for days to come!
*Tip* For gooier treats add less cereal (5 cups), for crunchier add more cereal (7 cups).
Back to LaLa Cake!
Step by Step photos for this recipe!